We recently had the pleasure of running an Instagram Live with Myra, the Founder of Bake In A Minute's vegan, keto and grain free bread mix. Myra gave us the inside scoop on all the tips and tricks of how to make the most out of the delicious Bake In A Minute mix, and of course we had to share!
Missed the IG Live? No problem! Just click the video below to watch the recording!
Prefer to read than watch? We got you! Scroll down to the main points and takeaways from the Live.
Getting into the mix: 09:19
How to Use: 14:00
How did Bake In A Minute Come to Be?
- Myra loves working out and entered her first health competition when she turned 40
- Around the same time, her partner had received a health diagnosis
- This combination of wanting to support her partner’s health and preparing for her competition led to founding Bake In A Minute!
- As a bread lover, Myra wanted to find a substitute that was tasty, kept carbs low, and did not wreak havoc on blood sugar levels
Where to Start?
- Bake In A Minute was designed with non bakers in mind - it is super simple and straightforward to make!
- Best to start with the 90 second basic bread (instruction on package)
- No microwave? No problem! Can also make in oven. Simply prepare the same way, drop on parchment paper, and bake for 8-10 minutes
What are Some Tips and Tricks for Doing More with This Mix?
- Mix ½ cup of Bake In A Minute with 2 tbsp ghee
- Drop small dollops of batter on a cookie sheet and bake into Bake In A Minute thins!
- Great for burgers, sandwiches, and more!
- Mix the full package with 3 eggs
- Spread batter on parchment and bake for 8-10 minutes (can flip over for extra crispy)
- Add toppings of choice, put back in oven, and let heat through
- Mix ½ cup of Bake In A Minute with some granulated garlic, paprika, black pepper, and salt
- Toss chicken in the coating and cook in oven
- Prep basic bread mix as usual, add sweetener of choice, and then microwave.
- Once cooked, cut in half and add whipped cream and strawberries to the bottom half
- Place the the top half back on and add more whipped cream and strawberries
- Prep basic bread mix as usual and add melted dark chocolate, prior to microwaving
- Prepare the mix with double the amount of eggs, in order to thin out batter, and then cook as usual pancakes!
- Prepare mix in muffin tins with flavor of choice!
- Blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips...
- Mix ¼ cup of Bake In A Minute with milk or dairy-free beverage of choice, nuts, raisins, and sweetener, and then cook for two minutes on stove top
- Mix one full package of Bake In A Minute with 3 eggs and add cookie toppings of choice
- Makes more of a “chunky cookie”
- Bake In A Minute can be a great thickener!
- Just add to stews, chili, soups, curries...
- Bake In A Minute can also be a great binder!
- Perfect for burgers, taco meat, meatloaf, meatballs...
Other Tips and Tricks?
- When adding things to the mix, be sure to mix all wet ingredients first, and then add other ingredients
- If using berries, add last, by folding into the mix (for mush prevention)
- Egg free?
- Can substitute for chia or flax eggs, but not same results
- Better for pancakes or “thinner” batter, than bread
- Dairy free?
- Don't have to use butter!
- Can substitute for coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, ghee…
- Cooking time
- Cooking time can vary, particularly with the more liquids you add, such as cream, or liquids from fruit and vegetables
- Most important tip!
- Get creative! #getcreative