Oscar of @Ihackeddiabetes is back with delicious Superfood Phat Bombs! These phat bombs are made from awesome quality foods found right here on SwitchGrocery - Phat Fudge, Philosophie Cacao Magic Protein, Pili Nuts and Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee.
What are fat bombs? While they were initially designed for people following the ketogenic diet, these power foods pack a protein and healthy fat punch and are a delicious snack for anyone! Think sustained energy bombs that you can grab for breakfast, a snack or an after dinner dessert!
- Phat Fudge: Not a sweet treat! A versatile food where every single ingredient was selected to provide instant and sustained energy, focus, memory, combat inflammation, and acts as a natural thermogenic.
- Philosophie Cacao Magic Protein: So much more than a protein, filled with superfoods like maca, cacao, reishi, mesquite, chia and vanilla. The base is hemp protein sourced from Canada itself! No caffeine, no sugar, no additives.
- Pili Nuts: Served in an activated (i.e. sprouted) form, pili nuts contain the highest fat and lowest carbohydrate content and full of essential vitamins and minerals. Read more about where a Pili Nut comes from here.
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Cordyceps: Choose your mushroom! This recipe has mushroom coffee with Cordyceps and Chaga. Cordyceps is an adaptogen, not a stimulant, so it helps you produce and maintain steady energy levels. Chaga (the king of mushrooms) can help the support immune functions and it has antioxidant properties.
- 3 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 packets of Original Phat Fudge
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 2 tbsp Philosophie Cacao Magic:
- 1/4 cup Pili Nuts Coconut Oil & Himalayan Salt chopped
- 2 sachets of Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Cordyceps & Chaga
- So many of our Customer Friends have requested a vegan fat bomb recipe! To make this recipe vegan, swap out Phat Fudge! And don't worry, Phat Fudge is releasing a vegan version in 2018! You can also use unsweetened dark chocolate - check out the Coco Polo Dark Baking Tabs!!
- Sweetener free: If your taste buds are used to less or no sweeteners, you can exclude stevia! Phat Fudge includes honey that adds a wonderful round out to all the flavours!
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate, phat fudge and coconut oil.
- Add the vanilla and stevia, then stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until all dissolved; then add the Pili Nuts (whole, not ground up!) and give it one last swirl.
- Pour into your favourite molds and place in the freezer for a couple hours or until set.
- Store in airtight container in freezer.
This recipe yields 20 Phat bombs (depending on your mold size). Each Phat Bomb is approximately 1.5 net carbs!
Macros per 1 Fat Bomb
- Protein – 1.7g
- Carbs – 2.5g
- Fiber – 1g
- Sugar – 0.35g
- Fat – 9.3g
How delicious was that?
Oscar creates unique keto friendly recipes with music from all genres. Who does not watch those awesome instagram stories on the daily! You can check out Oscar's awesome blog, I Hacked Diabetes He is funny, down to earth and makes cooking relatable for #unpros like me