KETO LOW CARB ICE CREAM
Taking a stroll on the beach and suddenly crave some ice cream? But then cant find a place to satisfy that keto/low carb ice cream craving?
Have no fear, as Oscar from @Ihackeddiabetes is here to save the day, again! Oscar developed a Bullet Coffee Ice Cream that is low carb, keto friendly, delicious, and that you can make yourself.
Need a visual? Check out this amazing video with tips & tricks on how to make this ice cream.
P.S. - I (Neha) may have made an appearance end of the video!
To make this recipe, it will take you...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This recipe creates 8 servings. Each serving size is 2 scoops.
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 3 tbsp of Philosophie Cacao Magic or your favourite Dark Cacao Powder
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp of Lee's Ghee or any ghee or butter you have on hand
- 1tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp of Espresso Powder
- 1/4 cup of Coco Polo Dark Chocolate tabs (coming soon to our store!)
- Optional - a pinch of sea salt or fleur de sel
If you are diabetic and have issues with erythritol, you may want to try using other substitutes like Monkfruit or Stevia sweeteners.
- Combine the four egg yolks and vanilla and set aside
- Place a medium pot over medium low heat
- Pour in the heavy cream and the erythritol
- Mix until well dissolved
- Add the remaining ingredients except the yolks and vanilla
- Whisk ingredients until well combined and all the ghee and coconut oil has melted
- Turn up the heat to medium/high and continue to whisk until mixture becomes thick and you can coat a wooden spoon. See video for example.
- Remove from heat and continue to whisk and let cool.
- Continue to whisk while cooling otherwise a skin may form.
- Once cooled, using a large bowl, slowly pour mixture into the yolk/vanilla mixture. Pour a little at a time and whisk while pouring. Once all is added, continue to whisk until a froth forms on the top. (Oscar whisked by hand but feel free to use an electric mixer)
- Add the chocolate chunks and whisk one more time
- Pour entire mixture into an air tight container and place in the freezer
- Freeze for about 5 hours. However, stir mixture every hour.
- After 5 hours it should be ready. If you freeze overnight you should leave ice cream out of the freezer for a bit in order to soften so you can scoop out the ice cream.
Calories per serving: 306 | Fat per serving: 30.2g
Carbs: 3.5g | Fiber: 2.2g | Net Carbs: 1.3g | Protein: 4.8g
Some product info!
Coco Polo Superfood chocolate is a superfood company founded by a group of Finnish friends. They aim to popularize medicinal mushrooms by incorporating them in more mainstream products like coffee and hot cocoa.
Coco Polo’s chocolates are sugar free, low carb and non GMO with no stevia or erythritol taste! If you are looking for net carbs for Coco Polo chocolate, check out this blog post!
Philosophie protein is SO MUCH MORE than just a protein powder - it has superfoods and it's low carb - no added fillers or sugar! You can even bake with it! Check out our recipes where we use their superfoods in a variety of dishes.
Wondering what are Pili nuts? Read more in our blog post here! Especially if you have a question about the price and how this Pili Nut came to be!