It's the day! Oscar and Deana head off in a BAKE OFF today - read all about it here! It was the perfect day to post one of my favourite Good Dee's mixes - the MUFFINS! I am all about savoury right now and that's the best thing about these muffins :) They are SUPER EASY to make - even for me! Here you go!
Oscar of @Ihackeddiabetes does not simply hack diabetes, but also hacks recipes to make time in the kitchen efficient. He's come up with two savoury keto muffin recipes that will help us get through our mornings fast and yummier!
Oscar used the same Good Dee's Muffin Mix package to make both flavours. One package will make 12 muffins and be about 3 net carbs per muffin depending on how much savoury ingredients you use. For this recipe we will make 6 Cheddar and Chive and 6 Dill and Goat Cheese muffins.
- Empty the muffin mix into a large bowl and add the 3 eggs. DO NOT add the coconut oil and vanilla as per the package directions.
- Add a 1/4 tsp of Salt and a few dashes of black pepper and instead of the coconut oil use 1/3 cup of melted butter. Mix the batter.
- Separate the batter equally into two bowls.
- Add a handful of Chives and Cheddar to one bowl and then another handful of chopped dill and crumbled goat cheese to another bowl. Mix well.
- Fill each muffin tin or mold to about half and then bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy these delicious savoury keto muffins!
These muffins make a great morning snack, specifically when paired with a bulletproof coffee!
Deana, the amazing tenacious founder of Good Dee’s, developed these DELICIOUS mixes after following the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) lifestyle herself. Think of a healthier option for all of your childhood favourites! You can find Deana on Instagram testing out new recipes and developing new products and we are proud to partner with Good Dees to bring these savoury AND sweet baking mixes to Canada!