We've all had nice and yummy matcha lattes, but ever wonder what else you can do with matcha? Oscar of @Ihackeddiabetes has been experimenting with using matcha in many different recipes and recently came up with delicious keto friendly Matcha Lemon Glazed Muffins!
Ingredients for the muffin:
- Muffin mix from Good Dee’s
- 1.5 tablespoons of green matcha
- 3 tablespoons of Lee’s Ghee 50/50 blend (If you don't have ghee, swap coconut oil as per the directions on the Good Dee's muffin mix package)
Ingredients for the lemon glaze:
- 1 lemon (for zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (granular)
- Follow the directions as per the Good Dee's muffin mix, but add Lee's Ghee 50/50 and matcha to the mix. (Avoid the coconut oil as per instructions as we are swapping that for the ghee).
- After mixing, bake according to instructions on the package.
- For lemon glaze topping: Add zest and juice to 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Stir until the glaze is thick and drizzle over matcha muffins.
Super easy to make, and even more delicious to eat!
Lee's Ghee is made from certified organic Canadian butter. The organic standards are very high in Canada which guarantees there are no pesticides, hormones, or antibiotics present in the butter and that the cows have not been fed genetically-modified feed.
Deana, the amazing tenacious founder of Good Dee’s, developed these DELICIOUS mixes after following the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) lifestyle herself. Think of a healthier option for all of your childhood favourites! You can find Deana on Instagram testing out new recipes and developing new products and we are proud to partner with Good Dees to bring these savoury AND sweet baking mixes to Canada!