Burlap & Barrel Ground Black Lime is grown on a family farm in Guatemala, where ripe limes are dried in the sun. The ground black lime has a savoury, tart flavour that is delicious on roasted meat or veggies, in stews or really anywhere you would use lime juice!
- Location: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- Process: Sun-dried and ground
- Tasting Notes: Bright Citrus, Garden Herbs, Tanned Leather
- Ingredients: 100% sun-dried Persian lime (Citrus latifolia), ground
How to use Ground Black Lime:
- Add to soups, fish, kebabs
- Toss with Vegetables before roasting
- Garnish on cocktails – especially sours or margarits!
- Goes great with Black Urfa Chili, Wild Mountain Cumin or Smoked Pimenton Paprika!
Read more in our blog post about this AWESOME company and why we are so proud to carry their spices!!
Some of the comments from fans of Ground Black Lime:
It's like citrus and dark had a food baby. It's got a deep richness, while somehow maintaining the brightness of the citrus. Yum! Can't wait to use this one more.
This is a new flavor for me, and I'm in love with it. Knocked me off my feet with complex citrus and savory notes. Absolutely divine. Sprinkle on roasted vegetables or grains, unreal!