Burlap & Barrel red pimentón peppers are slowly dried over oak coals, giving them a rich smoky flavour.
- Location: Extremadura, Spain
- Process: Dried over oak goals and then ground
- Tasting Notes: Hardwood Smoke, rip tomato, summery sweetness
- Ingredients: 100% pimenton de la vera DOP (Capsicum annuum)
Ideas for use:
- Sprinkle over popcorn or nuts for a smoky bite
- Mix with salt, ground cumin and any other spice you want for a meat seasoning or dry rub
- Mix with spices into cauliflower rice for a low carb take on Spanish rice!
- Goes well with Zanzibar Black Peppercorns!
Some of the comments from fans of Smoked Pimentón Paprika:
Next level smoked paprika. Not exaggerating- this is the best smoked paprika I've ever tasted. No joke, I make everyone who comes over open the jar and take a whiff because it's SO fragrant. It elevates even the simplest foods into something special- we're particularly loving it on roasted squash right now.Unique Amazing. This amazing paprika adds unusual depth to my recipes without taking over. How can a spice be both bold and subtle at the same time Try it, you'll see. I'm finding more and more ways to use it.