Burlap & Barrel Black Flowering Hyssop Thyme is exclusively grown in the Middle East and is the primary ingredient in the za'atar spice blend. Use it in place of regular thyme in stocks and soups, on vegetables or infuse into butter for meat!
- Location: Denizli, Tureky.
- Process: Sun-dried.
- Tasting Notes: Lavender, Wild Herbs, Pine
- Ingredients: 100% hyssop thyme
- 23g glass jar
How can you use Flowering Hyssop Thyme:
- Add to stocks, soups, stews
- Toss with vegetables, olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes
- Infuse into butter and use it to baste meats or veggies
Read more in our blog post about this AWESOME company and why we are so proud to carry their spices!!Some of the reviews from fans of Flowering Hyssop Thyme on Burlap & Barrel's site!
Floral and deep in flavor. My soups and stews are even better than before!Many years ago, I had a za'atar with a magical floral quality. The restaurant owner stated he used a hard to find "special thyme". That magical taste has ruined all za'atars since that day. When I tasted the flowering hyssop, I realized I had found the "special thyme". I am now able recapture that magical combination of spices and fall in love with za'atar again.