Burlap & Barrel Black Urfa Chili is sourced from a farmer, Bekir Bey, outside the city of Urfa in Turkey.
- Location: southeastern Turkey.
- Process: Cured in the sun and stoneground
- Tasting Notes: Raisin, Espresso, Summer Night, Smoky
- Starts out as a red, sweet and spicy pepper grown in the hills around Urfa in Turkey.
- Season Kebabs and Chilis
- Top off Hummus and other dips
- Add to chocolate and fruit based sweet
- AMAZING on top of eggs
- Add on Guacamole
- Really anything!
Some of the reviews from fans of Black Urfa on Burlap & Barrel's site!
Outstanding. Unlike any other spice I have cooked with.
I used the Urfa chili to finish off pizza, salads and eggs. It adds a sweet heat to all of those dishes and has become one of my favorite finishing spices. I wish it was a bit more spicy and gave that kick at the end - but if you don't like overwhelming heat, this is THE perfect chili flakes for you!
I would give it 10 stars if it was an option. Unique and special without being overwhelming.