Burlap & Barrel Ground Black Lime is grown on a family farm in Guatemala, where ripe limes are dried in the sun. The spice has a savoury, tart flavour delicious on roasted meat or veggies, in stews or really anywhere you would use lime juice!
- Location: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- Process: Sun-dried and ground
- Tasting Notes: Bright Citrus, Garden Herbs, Tanned Leather
- Ingredients: 100% sun-dried Persian lime (Citrus latifolia), ground
Ideas for use:
- Add to soups, fish, kebabs
- Toss with Vegetables before roasting
- Garnish on cocktails – especially sours or margarits!
- Goes great with Black Urfa Chili, Wild Mountain Cumin or Smoked Pimenton Paprika!
Some of the comments from fans of Ground Black Lime:
It's like citrus and dark had a food baby. It's got a deep richness, while somehow maintaining the brightness of the citrus. Yum! Can't wait to use this one more.
This is a new flavor for me, and I'm in love with it. Knocked me off my feet with complex citrus and savory notes. Absolutely divine. Sprinkle on roasted vegetables or grains, unreal!