Burlap & Barrel Wild Mountain Cumin is handpicked by foragers in the Hindu Kush mountains of Afghanistan. Burlap & Barrel is the only importer of wild mountain cumin from Afghanistan.
- Location: Badakhstan, Afghanistan
- Process: Sun-dried
- Tasting Notes: Grilled onion, dried apricots, mountain air
- Ingredients: 100% whole wild cumin (Bunium persicum)
Ideas for use
- Toast the whole seeds in oil to start stir-fries, souprs or curries
- Add to meat rub or sprinkle on veggies before roasting
- Goes great with Black Urfa Chili in dishes!
Some of the comments from fans of Wild Mountain Cumin:
I use it on almost everything. This is so much tastier than regular cumin. It adds a wonderful flavor to everything I cook. I use this with recipes that call for cumin and other recipes that don't mention cumin.Amazingly Fragrant Cumin. The Wild Mountain Cumin is wonderful--very tasty with just about any fish, meat or vegetable dish. A marked, noticeable difference in taste from other store-bought cumin, which seems very dead and dull by comparison.