Burlap & Barrel Stone Nutmeg is hand-picked at peak ripeness from a single orchard in Zanzibar. Nutmeg is the inner pit of a yellow stone fruit, which splits open when the pit is ripe.
This nutmeg comes whole and can be grated or ground into pasta sauces, cream sauces and desserts.
- Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Process: Sun-dried
- Tasting Notes: Citrus Peel, Eucalyptus, Tropical Warmth
- Ingredients: 100% EU-certified organic whole nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Size: 0.8oz glass jar (6-8 whole nutmegs)
- Sprinkle grounds into squash or other blended veggie soups
- Add to your home made pumpkin spice mix!
Read more in our blog post about this AWESOME company and why we are so proud to carry their spices!!