Okay, this is such DEELISH ghee - more than your standard ghee!
How and when to use Lee's Ghee - Plain Jane
- Everyday use
- Use as a heat stable cooking fat for sautéing, frying and roasting up to 250° C (yep - has a high smoke point - super difficult to burn ghee!)
- Jazz up veggies and meats
How to store ghee
- recommend you refrigerate your ghee after opening!
- it's fine to keep out of the fridge as long as you go through it quickly
- shelf life is 2 years, unopened! once opened, it will last up to a year, refrigerated.
Ingredients: organic butter
Size: 210 g
Process behind Lee's Ghee:
- traditional slow-cooking process which takes 8 hours on a low flame
- a delicious, nutty flavour and signature grainy texture and you can taste the high quality!
If you are looking for a ghee for all of your bulletproof coffee needs, check out Lee's Ghee: Brown Butter Ghee
Paleo. Keto. Certified Organic. Nut free. Made in Canada.
Lactose free alternative to butter (99% of milk solids have been removed during clarification process which makes Lee's ghee virtually lactose-free)
- Lee's Ghee is made from certified organic Canadian butter. The organic standards are very high in Canada which guarantees there are no pesticides, hormones, or antibiotics present in the butter and that the cows have not been fed genetically-modified feed.
- Locally sourced from Canadian farms!
- It's pricey. The reasons behind the price are that this ghee is organic, Ghee sourced from organic certified farms is comparatively more expensive. Lee's Provisions uses glass jars, and the process to make this ghee is long! You'll see a difference in the taste and a little goes a long way!
- Why did SwitchGrocery choose this brand? What about US ghee brands? At SwitchGrocery, we pride ourselves on finding really innovative suppliers and SOLID products for you. There are major tariffs on ghee and dairy products imported to Canada which would make it too expensive for our community. And more than that, we TRIED all of the ghees! The taste profile of Lee's Ghee is really out of this world. Try them! They have SOLID products!
- We've learned that there is no certification for grass fed ghee (there is for organic) i.e., it is difficult to verify accuracy of grass fed claims on packaging. How crazy is that! In Canada, the weather does not permit grass fed all year round but according to organic standards, organic dairy cows must be on pasture whenever possible (summer and fall) but their feed can be supplemented with organic hay and grains.
If you have any more questions, please read Lee's Provisions FAQ's
I love this stuff and the price and convenience from Switch Grocery makes it even better!! I use it for energy for I would normally use butter (but sans lactose and stomach ache...). LOVE making fried eggs with it and melting it over popcorn. Plus whatever else you can think of. It’s my favourite!!
So versatile! Hubby and I love to top our steak with it
This is the first time I bought this and just opening it up and taking a sniff I was in heaven... smelled like butter popcorn. I love it... makes everything taste that much better.
Lee’s Provisions brings us another winner with Plain Jane Ghee butter! I am addicted to Lee’s Brown Ghee but thought I should try Plain Jane too. Glad I did. There’s nothing Plain about this Jane. With a smooth and creamy flavour, hint of popcorn buttery goodness, this Ghee stands out. Makes a delicious spread on a lowcarb muffin!! Lee’s Ghee Butters are an essential in a Keto kitchen!! Notice the empty jars?? Not for long!! Just received a few more! Yay me!! Thanx SwitchGrocery for all you bring us!!
OMG I love this bread. I’m so grateful Switch grocery carries this product. Anyone working on their gut health who is removing grains from their diet, Legit bread is the way to go! Also support Neha-she give amazing customer service