SwitchGrocery has a meal replacement shake!!!
Keto Chow Shakes are nutritionally complete keto meal replacement shakes that come in some amazing flavours! The best part is that Keto Chow is now available in Canada on SwitchGrocery for your easy keto meal prep! They ALSO have amazing Electrolyte supplements that Megan Ramos from IDM/Fasting Method loves (check out the video below!)
Why did we pick Keto Chow
- The Owners are amazing! They have 6 kids and are still doing this!!! They researched every ingredient and Chris has even done 42 days on Keto Chow to test it all!! He is currently in the middle of 100 days on Keto Chow!!
- The shakes are DELICIOUS and have been a lifesaver for me as a new parent - they save me so much time and I can't wait to have my shake everyday.
- Canadians deserve amazing products like this as quickly as possible!
I believe that awesome companies should be able to get their products to customers quickly and not wait years to get on the shelves of traditional retail. Plus the food you eat should make you feel good and help you on your health journey!
Keto Chow is all of those things, and we are so excited to be able to bring it to you!!
Who is behind the Company?
Chris Bair founded Keto Chow back in January 2015, and his wife joined him in 2016. Chris had been following a ketogenic lifestyle for awhile, and had been having trouble getting all of his macro and micro-nutrients in each day, especially the days when he was running around a lot (which is all the time considering he has 6 kids!!). He started making shakes at home that included vitamins and minerals to make sure he was able to get all of the nutrients in, and the shakes just kept on getting better. Eventually, the shakes were good enough that he decided to sell them, and Keto Chow was born!
Keto Chow's goals are:
- Make figuring out keto easy!
- Keep people from running into the dreaded keto flu!
- Make it tasty – you don’t just deal with the taste, you enjoy the taste!
- Make sure people get the vitamins and minerals they need to be healthy and live the life they want!
We interviewed Keto Chow on WineTea Wednesday! Check out our interview with Chris and Miriam for why they created Keto Chow, some awesome tips and tricks and Chris' experience eating Keto Chow for every meal for 100 days!!!
What is it?
Keto Chow is a keto meal replacement shake that is nutritionally complete for people on the keto diet.
The great thing about these shakes is that that will work for anyone who wants to make sure they are getting the right nutrients! Because it does not have the fat added and is low carb to start with, you can really make your shake whatever you want – add some fruit, add as much or as little fat as you want and anything in between to help you meet your nutritional needs! I’ve made a low carb meal replacement shake by adding banana and a few other ingredients higher in carbs, and it was delicious!
Now lets take a look at the ingredients!
The sweetener – Keto Chow uses 80mg of sucralose in their shakes. Sucralose is most commonly known by the brand name Splenda, which also includes maltodextrin. The Sucralose in Keto Chow is pure and does not contain maltodextrin. No other sweeteners are used in any of the shakes we carry. Keto Chow did a blind taste test comparing Keto Chow with sucralose to other sweeteners, and sucralose was overwhelmingly named the winner.
Keto Chow contains sodium, potassium and magnesium to help you avoid Keto Flu!
The Keto Chow shakes are an add your own fat product! Keto Chow recommends some of our favourites:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Avocado Oil
- Butter (check out this link for Keto Chow’s method to prepare with butter – summary – use hot water and melted butter – it’s delicious!)
- MCT Oil (caution with this re: stomach issues)
I personally have found that HWC gives the shake a delicious creamy feel. I have also tried coconut cream, and coconut oil and it worked well, but the coconut oil does solidify a little bit unless you follow the Butter method and use hot water.
Protein:Keto Chow includes whey protein at a moderate level to make sure you meet your protein needs.
Who should use Keto Chow?
- PARENTS! I am a new parent, and have discovered that food can be difficult to prepare. Keto Chow has saved me. I usually prepare a shake or 2 the night before, and then we can grab one for lunch when we need it!
- Anyone who is busy – Keto Chow is a great meal replacement for those boring middle of the day like lunches when you’re on the go!
- Anyone who loves their shake – these are delicious! If you want it just as a side to your meal, or as a dessert, just have half a serving or whatever you need. It’s so good and so versatile!
Keto Chow Electrolytes
Keto Chow also sells Electrolytes and minerals to help you to make sure you get the right nutrients when following a keto lifestyle, or most amazingly, fasting!
There are three blends:
- Fasting Drops - concentrated sodium for extended fasting. Made from purified Great Salt Lake water from Utah!
- Electrolyte Drops, consisting of Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium, great for general hydration.
- Mag Drops consisting of Magnesium, great for cramps, sleep, mood and more!
Check out this interview that Chris, the founder of Keto Chow, did with Megan Ramos, the co-founder of the Fasting Method!
I never thought I would be going for a meal replacement shake. They don’t usually have the best reputation and I always thought I could find the time to make real meals. Well that doesn’t always work, and having a nutritionally complete shake that does not have a lot of extra ingredients and that tastes great is a life saver!
If you made it this far and want to check out Keto Chow, click HERE!