This is your new kid, family, freezer, tired parent-friendly recipe! Healthy fat, added iron, protein goodness, all of the taste, no added sugar, minimal work… you. are. WELCOME!
This is a snack you will feel good giving, with minimal fuss and prep. The texture is soft enough for self-feeding infants 👶🏼, yet delicious enough for the whole family, from toddlers to adults! 🥳
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 - 2 TB Philosophie Green Dream Superfood Protein
- 1 TB Lee's Provisions 50/50 Good Fat Blend
- 1 TB Nut Butter - I suggest Fatso! (optional - if making for baby led weaning infant, be sure to test allergen exposure first)
- Toss all ingredients in blender and blend, blend, blend! That’s it! Parent WIN!
- Bake at 350F in a 9 inch silicone pan for 15-20 minutes (you want the edges to be firm and toothpick to come out clean)
- Let cool and cut into bars, bites, or whatever shape you want! (Toddlers especially love the crinkle-cutter!)
- Double batch and freeze for the snack that keeps on giving!
PRO TIP ✅: This recipe is the perfect base to add to! Want more protein? Throw in some hemp hearts! Want some crunch? Top with unsweetened shredded coconut! Different flavours? Add whatever veggies or fruit you like! Just be sure to add 2 tbsp rolled oats for each 1/4 cup veggie/fruit addition, to make sure it continues to firm up in the oven.
Make it Low Carb and Paleo Friendly
- Skip the oatmeal and add Chia or Flax
- Add Olive Nation banana extract
- Lower the banana content!