Nothing says "Treat Yo' Self (summer edition)" like a frappuccino. Indulgent, sweet, and so cool, I think I speak for everyone when I say I wish I could have a frapp every day.
The team over at JOI has won our hearts and made this possible with their healthy, homemade, vegan blended iced coffee (or frappuccino). Using JOI's almond or cashew nut milk bases, it has never been easier to become your own barista. JOI is the secret to creating the most special vegan frappuccino at home—even better than using store-bought, processed oat milk or almond milk. Plus, JOI tubs last for so long (they have an 18 month shelf life and can make 27 servings) there's no more hassle when it comes to treating yourself!
The recipe calls for only a few more ingredients like: SweetMonk, Origin Vanilla Vanilla Extract, Burlap & Barrel cinnamon, and Vancouver Island Flaky Sea Salt (all our favourite pantry staples!).This homemade frappuccino recipe is dairy-free and delicious, and so easy to customize to your flavour preferences - try it for yourself!
Servings: 2 cups | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup JOI Nutmilk Base: Almond or Cashew
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsps SweetMonk
- 1 tsp Origin Vanilla Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups of strongly brewed coffee or cold brew; OR 2 shots of espresso
- 2 cups of ice
- Whipped cream (vegan), if desired, to top
- Caramel syrup (vegan), to drizzle
- Vancouver Island Salt Co. Flaky Sea Salt, to top
- Blend together the JOI, water, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and coffee. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of ice to the blender. Blend for 1 minute.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- Ice cubes are what give the drinks their frothy consistency
- Whipped cream is what makes a frappuccino - use your favourite bottle or make your own coconut whipped cream!
- Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to make a mocha frapp