This creamy and super "cheesy" Dairy Free Cauli Mac and Cheese is made with our Core & Rind Cashew Cheese Sauce and Joi Cashew Nutmilk base. It's also plant based, vegan and low carb. Giving us all the comfort food feels without the guilt and bloat of eating a heavy meal.
Made with simple ingredients like fresh garlic, parsley and of course cauliflower.
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp Burlap & Barrel - Purple Stripe Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Burlap & Barrel - Zanzibar Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 heaping tbsp Core + Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce (any flavour)
- 1 heaping tbsp Joi Cashew Nutmilk base
- 3 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Trim and wash cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- In a large bowl toss the cauliflower with 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper, toss to incorporate
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 20 minutes
- In a small/medium saucepan on medium heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 finely chopped garlic cloves with a pinch of salt and pepper, saute until softened but not burnt.
- Add 4 Core + Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce, Joi Cashew Nutmilk base and water, stir until well combined. Allow to simmer on low for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the fresh chopped parsley.
- Once cooked remove cauliflower from sheet pan and place into a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Top with cheesy sauce and gently mix until combined.
- Top with vegan shredded cheese (optional)
- Place casserole in oven on Broil until cheese is blistered and bubbly (about 3 minutes)
- Top with more fresh chopped parsley and serve
Servings: 6 | Calories: 158 | Total Fat: 14g | Total Carb: 5g | Protein: 3g
Core + Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce - Love “cheese” again with Core and Rind Plant-based and dairy-free cashew cheesy sauce!
Joi Cashew Nutmilk Base - Nut Milk base is a concentrate of 100% nuts, no junk!
Burlap and Barrel - Purple Stripe Garlic - Grown by a group of farmers in the mountains of northern Vietnam and has a savory and sweet flavour!
Burlap and Barrel - Zanzibar Black Peppercorn - Their peppercorns are allowed to ripen longer on the vine before being hand picked and sundried, resulting in a rich chocolate coloured pepper.