One of the top 5 ultimate summer foods is dip (yes, right alongside ice cream and bbq!). Whether you’re on a beach day trip, hiking, road tripping, or camping overnight, dips are easy to pack, easy to share (if you can resist keeping this dish all to yourself!), and even easier to eat. It goes with almost any food or snack!
The best dip, hands down, has to be QUESO! Nothing brings people together quite like melted cheese. Thanks to Core and Rind's Sharpy & Tangy Cashew Cheesy Sauce, this Cowgirl Queso dip is fully plant-based and vegan, sugar-free, and keto-friendly. Not to mention, it won't even take you half and hour to make. Less time in the kitchen, more time basking in the summer sun! This dip will bring out your wild side just in time for patio and picnic season.
Servings: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 15oz can black beans
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn (cooked)
- 1oz Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheesy Sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ lime
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped (+ extra to top)
- ½ avocado
- Prep your tomatoes, corn, and onions. Chop your cilantro, drain and rinse your beans.
- In a skillet or pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook until onion is browned. About 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and corn and cook until tomatoes soften, about 3-4 minutes. Then add in salt and cilantro.
- Add in Core and Rind sauce and bring to a bubble, then turn off heat. Squeeze half a lime over the dip, then top with cilantro, avocado (and extra tomatoes and corn if you’d like!) and enjoy!
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- Store in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days (if you don’t finish it all right off the stove!)
- The best thing about dip (especially queso dip)? You can easily customize the recipe to your preference - no hard rules here! Feel free to add some of your favourite veggies, garnishes, or spices (jalapeno, anyone?).
- Live Wraps and Eve's Crackers offer easy and Keto chip alternatives!
Source: Core & Rind's Cowgirl Queso