Have you ever had your coffee with almond milk and only tasted almonds?
or with coconut cream and only tasted the coconut?
The regular dairy free creamers are almond nut milk, coconut milk, cashew nut milk, macadamia nut milk and so on. The issue with these creamers are that they overwhelm the taste of coffee.
So we tracked down an incredible Toronto coffee shop barista owner and asked her the elusive question...
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO A DELICIOUS DAIRY FREE COFFEE SHOP CREAMER?
She told us the best creamer is a blend of different dairy free milks. Her recommendation was to not use JUST almond nut milk or JUST coconut cream or JUST Macadamia nut milk as a coffee creamer but make a blend. That's why she designed a house made nut milk for her coffee shop!
So we tested for months and perfected this recipe at home! It is a blend of 3 ingredients - JOI Almond, JOI Cashew and Coconut Cream.
An almond, cashew and coconut creamer! Creamy and Delicious!
Servings: 63 tbsp | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 7 minutes
- 2 tbsp JOI Almond Nutbase (add a touch more JOI to make it extra creamy).
- 1 tbsp of JOI Cashew Nutbase
- 400ml of warm water (helps Coconut Cream mix)
- 1 Can of Cha's Coconut Cream
- Add 400ml Warm water to blender
- Add JOI and Coconut Cream to Blender
- Blend for 30 seconds on medium.
- Add as much as you want to your coffee and enjoy!! Froths up perfectly!
Macros per serving
Servings: 1 | Calories: 21| Net Carb: 0.6g | Total Fat: 2g | Total Carb: 0.5g | Fiber: 0.1g | Protein: 0.4g
- Make it vanilla! You can add a few drops of Origin Vanilla Extract.
- Sweeten it with Sweet Monk monkfruit sweetener
- Add 1 TB of Omega Power Creamer for a fatty coffee in the morning for some focus! We love the Natural Cacao!
- We love Cha's Organics Coconut Cream in Canada for all our recipes.
Read more about our 2 week dairy free experiment here.
The Best Dairy Free Coffee Creamer
Add 400ml warm water to blender
Add JOI and Coconut Cream to Blender
Blend for 30 seconds on medium
Enjoy your coffee creamer! Also froths up perfectly!
Calories 21, Carbs 0.6 grams, Fat 2 grams, Protein 0.4 grams, Fiber 0.1 grams