These are one of our favourite recipes, not only because they are so chocolatey and delicious but it's a super simple recipe and only 2g net carbs per truffle.
Why you'll love this recipe?
- It's super easy to make with only 5 ingredients.
- Fun for the kids, they love making these too and they also love eating them.
- It's keto and low carb, sugar free and diabetic friendly with only 2g net carbs per truffle.
- You can mix and match and make them with dark chocolate, milk chocolate or both!
- A no bake recipe that you can add to your holiday cookie tray.
Simply made with a few ingredients and we are only using the microwave to make these delicious low carb truffles.
* if you prefer you can use just milk or dark chocolate chips rather than both to make this recipe but we do think the blend of both adds more depth and flavour.
- Coco Polo Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chips - sugar free chocolate chips are stevia-sweetened, pure dark chocolate, 70% cocoa without the 30% sugar to distract from the benefits or taste.
- Coco Polo Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Chips - Stevia-sweetened, pure milk chocolate, 39% cocoa without the sugar to distract from the benefits of taste.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - giving this mousse a lux rich, fatty and creamy flavour
- Origin Vanilla Extract - enhances all the flavours in this recipe.
- Butter - adding a little butter to soften the chocolate while making these truffles super rich.
* you can use just milk or dark chocolate if you don't have both.
You might also like our chocolate bundles are you a milk chocolate or dark chocolate lover?
If you are a Milk Chocolate lover?! Then this bundle is for you!
Are you a Dark Chocolate lover?! Then this bundle is for you!
Step By Step Instructions
How to make Keto Chocolate Truffles?
Step 1: Warm up the heavy whipping cream on the stove in a medium pot on medium low heat, just until it starts to bubble around the edges. Then pour over the chocolate, vanilla and better. Give a mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 2: After 5 minutes, mix again. If chocolate has not completely melted, you can continue to melt over a double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments until it is melted. Mix well until chocolate looks velvety and shiny.
Step 3: Once melted plae a plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Step 4: After 2 hours use a small cookie scoop to make 1 inch truffle balls, then roll them in your hands to make perfectly round.
Step 5: Place on a parchment lined baking sheet as you complete each one to prepare for rolling in the sprinkles.
Step 6: Roll each chocolate truffle in sprinkles or your choice of coverings. We rolled ours in Good Dee's Midnight Moon and Rainbow Sprinkles and also used unsweetened cocoa powder and crushed nuts.
Place on a plate and store in the fridge until ready to serve. They might need more time in the fridge to set, depending on how hot they got while rolling.
Top Tip: if the chocolate gets too warm before rolling it may start to melt in your hands. Place in the fridge again until cool enough to roll.
Tip: Careful not to overcook the melted chocolate as it can separate or burn.
Storage: store these low carb chocolate truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing these truffles
Keto chocolate truffles can be rolled in a variety of coverings and you can also add other ingredients to change the flavour profile. Here are just a few of our favourite ways to make them.
Orange: add a teaspoon of orange zest to the chocolate before melting for a chocolate orange truffle. If you are living on the edge add a shot of orange liquer as well.
Coconut: roll the truffles in shredded coconut for a tropical tasting treat
Snowballs: simply roll in powdered erythritol for a snowball chocolate truffle
Nutty: crush some pistachios to roll the chocolate truffles in for an interesting looking and tasting treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a chocolate truffle?
Typically chocolate truffles are round and dusted in cocoa powder. The name truffle comes from the resemblance to the mushroom truffle.
Are these keto chocolate truffles diabetic friendly?
Each truffle contains roughly 2g net carbs and can be diabetic friendly. However, all foods tend to affect everyone differently so we suggest checking your blood sugars after consuming a truffle to see how it affects you personally.