Delicious Easter Keto Cream Egg recipe without any added sugar! Are you missing the Cadbury cream eggs while following a low carb or Keto diet? Follow this recipe for how to make Chocolate Cream Egg dupes for a Keto lifestyle. Thanks to Joanna from Keto in Canada for the recipe.
- CocoPolo chocolate chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/ 3 cup swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Raspberries, strawberries, toasted coconut (optional)
- Combine the Coco Polo chocolate chips in a small pot with coconut oil. Over low heat, melt the two together stirring constantly.
- Once melted, used a small spoon to coat the inside of the mold. Its a tad tedious - you can do this! You should have about half the chocolate mixture remaining. Reserve to cover the filling at the end.
- Once coated, throw the mold into the freezer to chill.
- While the mold is chilling, combine room temperature butter, room temperature cream cheese, vanilla extract, 1/3 cup swerve powdered sweetener, and 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Combine with a hand mixer.
- Taste it! If its not sweet enough add more swerve. It should be an icing consistency. If its not add more heavy cream.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and fill the eggs with the cream mixture leaving room to top with additional chocolate. I added a raspberry in mine (it tasted so good!)
- Use the remaining chocolate to cover the top of the cream layer.
- Return the silicone mold to the freezer for about 30 minutes. If the eggs aren't hard enough they will crack when you try to remove them from the mold. Pop them out and store in the freezer. Consume within 3 days or freeze!
Servings: 12 | Calories: 83 | Net Carb: 1g | Total Fat: 8g | Total Carb: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Protein:1g
Joanna is a low carb keto lifestyler (it's not a diet!) from Ontario, Canada. She is a mum of 2 really cute kids! With work and a whole bunch of responsibilities, she found it difficult to make herself a priority after having children. She started following keto on December 1, 2016 (and is going strong!) and created her Instagram account @ketoincanada to get accountability and ideas from others following the ketogenic diet. Or visit her website!