We wanted to create a vegan, no sugar added AND low carb cereal that still tasted delicious. And guess what?
This recipe is also paleo friendly (see tips below for paleo options)!
Wondering what Muesli is? Muesli is generally a mix of oats, nuts, and seeds. However, to keep things low carb, we’ve removed the oats but kept all the lower carb ingredients like almonds, pumpkin seeds, and pili nuts. This is a great meal idea for diabetics as well since there is no sugar added to this recipe!
Check out this easy recipe to create a dairy free and keto friendly cereal using some of our favourite ingredients from our online shop!
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup raw pecans (chopped)
¼ cup Pili Hunters Pili Nuts (chopped)
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ tsp Origin Vanilla Salt
2 drops of Sweet Monk Sweetener (I would add drops and taste as I go so it's sweetened to your preference)
½ Keto Bars Chocolate Covered Strawberry (chopped)
½ cup JOI Cashew Milk (prepared)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix all muesli ingredients together
- On a baking sheet, distribute muesli ingredients and toast for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool
- Pour 1 serving of cereal into a small bowl and add Keto Bar and raspberries
- Pour ½ cup of JOI Cashew milk over top and enjoy!
Macros (for 1 serving of Cereal + Other Ingredients):
Servings: 1 | Calories: 378 | Net Carb: 7g | Total Fat: 31g | Total Carb: 14g | Fiber: 7g | Protein: 14g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- JOI Nut Milks have 4 different varieties to choose from! Check out the delicious dairy-free alternatives here.
- Keto Bars come in 4 different flavours! They’re delicious in cereals, but also in so many other recipes! Check them out here.
- Paleo Muesli Option: Remove the sweetener and Keto Bar from the recipe. All other ingredients are whole foods and fit to suit a paleo lifestyle.
- Add in any other fruits that you like! Try blueberries or strawberries for even more natural sweetness.