Tandoori Vegetable Skewers
This is the perfect vegetable side to pair with you BBQ Chicken Wings, Lamb Kebabs, or Spicy Chicken Burgers. Trust us, your side dish never looked - and tasted! - this good. Change up your skewer with your favourite low carb vegetables for your next Keto dinner or BBQ. This is also a great alternative for Keto vegetarians looking to still get grilling!
- 6-8 small cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Jaswant's Kitchen Tadka Masala
- ½ teaspoon Jaswant’s Kitchen Tandoori Masala
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wooden skewers (soaked in water for 20 mins)
- Preheat the oven to broil or BBQ on high
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems
- Wash and cut red pepper into pieces approximately the size of the mushrooms.
- Peel and cut onion in half and then into quarters. Separate the onion layers.
- Combine ginger, spices, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well
- Toss vegetables with spice mixture
- Add vegetables to skewers, alternating each vegetable
- Broil in the oven approximately 10 inches away from the element for 6 minutes.
Turn skewers and cook for another 6 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
(NOTE: If using the BBQ turn off one set of burners and keep remaining burners on high)
- Cook skewers over indirect heat (over burners that are off) for 12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
Servings: 4 | Calories: 84 | Net Carb: 4g | Total Fat: 7g | Total Carb: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Protein: 1g