Do you remember these sugary breakfast treats? Yes, super delicious but also packed with sugar. Check out these low carb, Keto pop tart that takes the sugar out but sweetness in! They’re tasty for breakfast or as a sugar free dessert. Thanks to Good Dee’s for the recipe inspiration!
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1 teaspoon of Origin Vanilla Extract
⅓ cup of melted coconut oil
4 tbsp of powdered sweetener
Optional: Food colouring
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix your egg, vanilla and oil in a bowl.
- Add in your dry mix and combine well.
- Knead your dough thoroughly and roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- You will want to portion out your dough to make 8 rectangles. Half of the rectangles will be tops and the other bottoms.
- Cut your rectangles and spread your jam evenly on half of your bottoms.
- Place your tops on your bottoms and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool completely.
- Mix your sweetener and gradually add in water until a thick paste forms.
- Add in your desired colours and frost your pop tarts.
- Allow to dry and enjoy.
Servings: 4 | Calories: 392 | Net Carb: 0g | Total Fat: 38g | Total Carb: 43g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar Alcohols: 34g| Protein: 11g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- Try any of the Good Good Brand Jams for the filling! Strawberry and blueberry are classic pop tart flavours!