Thanks to our friends at Philosophie these cookies are perfect to enjoy this season. Curl up with a coffee or a glass of JOI Almond Milk and dunk in these delicious treats. The best thing about these yummy low carb chocolate oatmeal cookies is that you can enjoy treats without guilt and feel amazing knowing you are putting superfoods in your body at the same time!
These sugar free cookies are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and high in antioxidants like reishi, which has healing properties and helps boost your immune system.
Servings: 12 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Total time: 60 minutes
1 ½ cup rolled oats
¾ cup almond flour
1 tsp cornstarch
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp warm water)
10 drops of Sweet Monk sweetener (or ¾ cup granular sweetener)
1 tbsp JOI almond milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
- For the flax egg, combine ground flax and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, add the dry ingredients (rolled oats, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and Cacao Magic) and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and sweetener.
- Add flax egg, dairy-free milk, and vanilla extract and continue to whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until fully combined then gradually fold in your raisins.
- Chill dough for (at least) 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and scoop ½ tbsp of dough and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies as they will not spread much during baking then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a rack to continue cooling.
Servings: 12 | Calories: 121 | Net Carb: 10g | Total Fat: 7g | Total Carb: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Protein: 3g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.