This is a delicate, layered dessert with sugar free frostings between each crepe creating a subtly sweet, grain free Crepe Cake. This cake uses the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter while floating between petite pancake crepes. Using minimal ingredients this dessert is sure to be a show stopper!
Servings: 12 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 2 hours
- 1 bag Legit Pancake Mix (or your favourite low carb pancake mix)
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Lee’s Ghee 50/50 Blend (melted)
- 6 oz Pili Hunters’ Hazelnut Nut Butter (softened)
- 6 oz Fatso Crunchy Salted Caramel High Performance Peanut Butter (softened)
- Mix all pancake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Heat a small skillet to medium with coconut oil to provide a well greased base
- Place a small amount of pancake mixture into the skillet and rotate the skillet in circular motion to cover the base of the skillet in a thin, even layer
- Let crepe cook slightly until the edges look golden then flip to cook the other side
- Place the cooked crepes on a smooth surface to cool
- Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used (should have approximately 16 crepes)
- For the construction, smooth a layer of one frosting on top of a crepe
- Place another crepe on top, then smooth the other flavour of frosting on top of the next crepe
- Repeat this process until all layers have been stacked
- If desired, pour mixture of two flavour frostings on top and dollop whipped cream
Servings: 12 | Calories: 400 | Total Fat: 22g | Total Carb: 36g | Protein: 7g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- If you find the pancake mixture is too thick, add a splash of heavy cream and stir
- You can use any flavour frosting layers: other Fatso flavours like Cacao or Classic, Sugar Free Jam, melted Coco Polo Chocolate sauce, etc.
- Ensure all crepes are cooled before smoothing on layers of frosting
- Top with whipped cream using heavy cream sweetened with SweetMonk