Looking for a mouthwatering appetizer that is flavourful and Keto friendly? Look no further! This Sweet and Salty Baked Brie uses Pili Hunter's Pili Nuts, a punch of sugar free maple syrup, a dash of Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon, and bacon bits. It is the perfect balance of sweet and salty with rich, creamy cheese and buttery, crunchy nuts.
Super simple and requires little cooking time.
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 30g Pili Hunter's Pili Nuts flavour of your choosing (chopped)
- 2 strips pre-cooked bacon (chopped)
- 4 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon
- Dash of Vancouver Island Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Score/ cut the outer edge of the brie about ½ inch down
- Place brie cheese in an oven safe dish and allow to melt in the oven for 15 minutes
- While brie is heating, create the nut mixture
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add Pili Nuts, sugar free maple syrup, and cinnamon
- Continuously stir mixture for 5 minutes, then add pre-cooked bacon and salt, continuing to stir for another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Remove brie from the oven and carefully scrape the top of the brie off
- Pour nut mixture over top of brie and place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes
Servings: 6 | Calories: 210 | Net Carb: 0g | Total Fat: g | Total Carb: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar Alcohols: 3g | Protein: g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.