This is the easiest way to roast the perfect chicken. Our recipe requires very little prep work because the spices do all the work for you! Burlap & Barrel spices are unlike anything out there. Not only delicious and unique in flavour, they’re ethically sourced so you can feel good while enjoying a mouthwatering meal. Follow this simple how-to guide on roasting the perfect tender chicken.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: Varies on size of chicken
1 whole chicken (thawed) - We love our friends at Trulocal for their commitment to locally sourced products like the one featured in this recipe!
½ cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
¼ cup chicken broth
½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Garlic
½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Paprika
½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Oregano
Sprinkle of Burlap & Barrel Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe roasting pan with at least a few inches of clearance to add in liquids
- Pour half of the olive oil into the base of the pan along with the chicken broth
- In a separate bowl, combine all the spices and seasoning and mix
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the chicken then sprinkle the mixture over top (this allows the chicken to get a crispy layer on the outside but keep it tender on the inside)
- Roast the chicken uncovered at 450F for 10-15 minutes
- Remove the chicken and cover with tin foil.
- Reduce the temperature to 350F and roast for 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature (inserted in the meatiest part - middle of thigh and breast) reaches about 165F
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes
- Serve with grilled vegetables or some cauliflower rice
- This makes for a great meal prep idea too! Cook this and then separate various parts of the chicken for different lunch or dinner ideas.