Ordering during COVID-19
Our average TRANSIT TIME for a box once it ships is officially down to 3-6 days!
We are experiencing larger volumes during this time and so are all carriers. Our team is making every possible effort to get you your package safely, but we need your help to make it happen!
1) Check your tracking, but know that it can be behind too
- Carriers are impacted by COVID-19 volumes and shipping time is longer than expected (We use UPS, Purolator, FedEx, and Canada Post and expedited shipping options).
- There is a system delay in updates right now especially for Canada Post and UPS. If a label has been printed, your box has been handed over to the carrier. Please allow extra time for updating.
- We can only using Canada Post for PO boxes and more remote locations and we are seeing times up to 28 days especially for P.O. boxes. From Canada Post - "CP is experiencing severe delays at their sorting facilities, this is leading to delays of upto 7 days. Leading to no scans on packages."
- To help reduce the long Canada Post wait times, we are using a shipping system called CPX by eShipper which takes your package to the closest Canada Post hub, thereby cutting down time in transit. You will get a shipping notification when a CPX truck picks up your box. The Canada Post tracking will update once your box goes into the Canada Post hub close to you subsequently so please keep checking back for that!
2) Stop the thieves!
- At every point, we send you emails - order confirmation, when it has shipped, and when the package was delivered.
- Please track your package (sign up for text alerts on shipping) and check that our notification emails are not going to your junk. Mark us as a trusted vendor
- Check your front door as soon as possible when a delivery is made if you are in an area susceptible to stolen packages.
- Most carriers are leaving packages at the door
3) Business address
- If you prefer delivery to work, you must include the name in Company Name.
- Your place of business should be open during business hours with signs / lights signifying it’s open and someone at the front to accept packages
- Please include the buzzer in the 2nd line of the address. Many couriers now are turning deliveries back if a buzzer is not provided or if the concierge is not available to accept deliveries. Re delivery attempts are taking long to process.
5) Check that address
- Please ensure your address is entered correctly at checkout. Once packages are turned back, it takes an extraordinary amount of time to get them back to you.
- Also, please note that any redelivery efforts are taking an extensively long time to process and we ask for your patience.
What are your Shipping rates? Do you ship to remote areas?
Orders < $24.99 = $14.99 Flat Shipping rate
Orders up to $40: $9.99 Flat Shipping rate
Orders $40 - $149: $6.99 Flat Shipping Rate
Orders $149 and up: Free Shipping
*If you live in a remote area in Canada (See Canada Post - Table 9 here), here are our rates.
Orders up to $99: $24.99 Flat Shipping rate
Orders $99.01 - $249: $19.99 Flat Shipping Rate
Orders $249.01 and up: Free Shipping
If shipping is above a reasonable amount (for ex - > $20 above the shipping charge), we may send you an invoice as additional charges may apply. The additional shipping fee will range from a flat rate between $9.99 - $19.99 or another reasonable amount to contribute to shipping charges.
What is your return policy?
Our products are not eligible for return as they are food items and perishable.
My order has damaged or missing items, now what?
We're so sorry! While we do our best to pick, pack and cushion your order with love, despite our best intentions, things happen!
If your order has damaged or missing items, please send a photo of your box and items to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We do need a photo of the box or damaged items and any details as this helps us with insurance and also to improve our process! We truly appreciate this.
I have an issue with the products I ordered?
We are not the manufacturers of the food products we sell.
If you have an issue with the product itself, or a general complaint about the product, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Please cc us at email@example.com and we will assist in providing a resolution to the best we can.
Where in Canada do you ship? What carriers do you use?
Why do you not offer free shipping for orders under $149?
We have learned that there is no such thing as free shipping. Generally, shipping costs are often reflected in higher product prices for customers.
Our goal is to keep prices as fair as possible. We have not increased any of our prices to include shipping or packing surcharges. We commit to you that we do not make any money on shipping which you can read in our blog post here.
What is your policy during COVID-19 for shipping issues?
- We cannot be held liable for lost packages due to incorrect/missing information at checkout (missing buzzer information, wrong address, address redirect), ship to business but business is closed, lost / stolen package after delivery, no one available to accept delivery.
We can redirect / fix / re deliver your box for a fee of $9.99 + additional charges (this is because we face additional costs when boxes are returned back to us)
- We cannot be held liable for extended delivery times in your area
- If we have shipped your package and the carrier has delivered it to your door according to status from the carrier, we will not be liable for replacing the package . We will make best efforts to help locate the package and address your concern.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and provide as many details as possible. I understand things can happen and we will do our best to help you and come up with a solution.
Temperature sensitive items
Please allow for additional time to ship out your chocolates and frosting as we wait for a "cooler day" or the start of the week to ship chocolates! Generally, we do not ship chocolates on Thursday and Friday.
As the weather gets warmer, we cannot guarantee that chocolates will not melt during transit. We don't provide refunds for melted chocolate - Our Customer Friends freeze or refrigerate chocolate on arrival and it does firm up and is delicious if not pretty!
1) Please track your package once you receive a shipping confirmation.
2) Please make arrangements to pick up the item from a community mailbox or depot OR ensure that you are home to receive the chocolates.
3) Provide an address other than a P.O. Box if possible
A prolonged pick up time on your end or leaving the product outside for an extended period of time can cause melting, and we do not provider refunds for this issue.
How long will my order take to arrive?
See COVID-19 for notice of additional time needed. We are seeing longer transit times.
Awesome news - *Average transit time from carriers is down to 3 - 6 days
*In addition, please allow up to 4 business days for us to pick and pack your order (excluding weekends).
- 5 day transit time to Alberta (FedEx)
- 1-2 day transit time in GTA, ON (Purolator)
- 9 day transit time to Alberta (UPS)
- 7 day transit time to Quebec, Saskatchewan and British Columbia (UPS)
- 8 days to Manitoba with a P.O. Box (Canada Post)
*note all P.O. boxes have to be shipped via Canada Post
- 4 days transit time to Nova Scotia (FedEx)
Please allow for up to 21 days / 3 weeks, we do see this timeline in rare circumstances*
*This is subject to change based on shipping address and remote locations.
Carriers do not pick up shipments on the weekends so if you place an order on a Thursday or Friday, it will likely go out the following week when carriers pick up!
Can I track my order?
Yes! Please see COVID-19 section for additional info on tracking.
Please check your junk for this email. You will receive an email notification "Your order has been fulfilled." which means that your order has been packed and will be handed over to the carrier shortly!
Click on VIEW YOUR ORDER and you'll find a button to click on: TRACK YOUR PACKAGE! You can also sign up with the carrier for text updates.
Can I add/remove items from my order?
Please email us at email@example.com with your invoice number and changes as soon as possible. Currently, we are shipping every 24 hours except weekends, so add-ons have to be organized as quickly as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you. If your initial order has been processed and shipped already, then a separate order would have to be completed.
You are out of stock of the item I want! What do I do?
To find out as quickly as possible, sign up on the product page to be notified via email when the item is back in stock.
Please join our FB group, the Switchers to keep in touch with us more frequently and get restock notifications as soon as they happen!
Can I cancel my order after placing it?
If you need to cancel your order for a specific reason, please email us, and we will do our best to accommodate your request but cannot guarantee it at this time as we are processing orders continuously. Please note that due to a large volume of emails, it may take us between 2-4 days to respond.
We cannot cancel your order if it has been sent to our fulfillment centre for processing and packing.
Do I need a Switch Grocery account to place an order?
No. We encourage creating an account with Switch Grocery if you need to access prior orders.
What method of payment do you accept for online orders?
We currently take credit cards such as Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Visa debit or Paypal.
You will be charged at the time you place your order. If paying by credit card, you will see a charge from: NBL Foods Corp (that is our corporate legal name!).
SwitchGrocery website is secured by Shopify servers and we do not see any payment information.
Do you ship to the USA?
We don't!! but we love you!
Where is SwitchGrocery located?
We are a remote team in Ontario! Our products are at a fulfillment centre in Brampton, Ontario and we ship from here.
We are a proud Canadian growing startup!
Why is pickup on haitus?
You used to offer pickup - what happened? We transitioned to a fulfillment centre to serve our Customer Friends better. We were considering bringing pickup (once/month) back from an office space but after COVID-19, this will not be returning.
I have a recommendation and some feedback!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You guys - we are a small team during our best as an Essential Service during COVID-19 and I would really appreciate your patience as we would need extra time to respond.
If you are interested in providing feedback on Switch products - current and upcoming and shaping the future of Switch, please join our FB group, the Switchers.