Bring the HEAT with this mouthwatering Keto friendly dinner idea! The great part about this recipe, is you can dial the heat up or take it down a few notches (check out the tips below for ideas). This stuffed chicken breast recipe is low carb, full of flavour, and made with quality ingredients from Burlap & Barrel Single Origin Spices!
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
4 chicken breasts (approximately 150g each)
120g cream cheese (room temperature)
60g shredded tex mex cheese
1 jalapeno (de-seeded, chopped)
1 green onion
Burlap and Barrel Black Peppercorn to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Butterfly chicken breasts through the centre and open
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded cheese, cream cheese, jalapeno, and green onion together until well combined
- Place the mixture evenly throughout the butterflied chicken breasts
- Fold the chicken breast over to cover the mixture filled inside (can be secured with toothpicks or string)
- Season the top of the stuffed chicken with Burlap & Barrel spices
- Place in the oven to cook for 40-45 minutes (or until cooked throughout)
- Allow to rest for a few minutes to let the mixture cool inside
- Enjoy with grilled vegetables or a salad!
Servings: 1 | Calories: 301 | Net Carb: 3g | Total Fat: 9g | Total Carb: 3g | Fiber: 0g | Protein: 50g
Nutritional and macronutrient information may vary slightly depending on brands/ingredients used.
- To reduce the spiciness of this dish, you can eliminate the Burlap & Barrel Cobanero Chili Flakes on top of the chicken breast. The jalapenos inside the mixture aren’t as spicy with the richness and creaminess of the cream cheese and shredded cheese.