Are you ready to indulge in a chocolatey treat that won't wreck your low carb diet? Look no further than this delicious Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe! Made with Good Dee's Mix Chocolate Snack Cake, Coco Polo Chocolates, and Keto Chow Chocolate flavour, this cake is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising on taste.
Imagine biting into a moist and chocolatey cake with just the right amount of sweetness. You'll get the rich flavor of Good Dee's Mix Chocolate Snack Cake, the intense chocolate goodness of Coco Polo Chocolates, and the added richness of Keto Chow chocolate flavor - all in one irresistible bite.
Whether you're looking for a tasty snack or a decadent dessert, this Chocolate Coffee Cake recipe is sure to please. So go ahead and indulge in a guilt-free way with this delicious low carb creation.
Why you'll love this low carb chocolate coffee cake
- It's low carb: With Good Dee's Mix Chocolate Snack Cake and Keto Chow chocolate flavor, this recipe is perfect for those following a low carb or ketogenic diet.
- It's easy to make: With simple ingredients and clear instructions, this recipe is a breeze to make even for novice bakers.
- It's chocolatey goodness: If you're a chocolate lover, this recipe is a dream come true. With Coco Polo Chocolates, you'll get intense chocolate flavor in every bite.
- It's versatile: Serve this Chocolate Coffee Cake for breakfast with a cup of coffee or as a dessert after dinner. It's perfect for any time of day!
- It's customizable: Add nuts or a sprinkle of sea salt to elevate the flavors. This recipe is a great starting point for making it your own.
Good Dee's Chocolate Snack Cake - a low carb baking mix that makes it easy to enjoy delicious chocolate cake without the guilt.
Keto Chow Chocolate - low carb and keto-friendly powdered mix that adds rich and decadent chocolate flavor to your favorite recipes.
Coco Polo Chocolates - sweetened with stevia and made with high-quality ingredients, with no added sugar.
Origin Vanilla - pure vanilla extract made using fine, hand-selected vanilla beans sourced from small farms around the world.
Coconut Oil - we used coconut oil to make this cake extra moist and delicious
Espresso Powder and Coffee - enhance the chocolate flavor by bringing out its richness and depth, while also adding a subtle bitterness that can balance the sweetness of the cake.
See the recipe card for full list of ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large mixing bowl use a whisk to combine the wet ingredients first. Eggs, Coconut Oil, Vanilla and Coffee.
STEP 2: Add the dry ingredients to the mix. Espresso Powder, Cocoa Powder, Keto Chow Chocolate, Good Dee's Chocolate Snack Cake Mix Coco Polo Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips and a pinch of salt.
STEP 3: Mix until well combined and then pour into a well greased or parchment lined cake pan and bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
STEP 4: for the chocolate icing chop one Coco Polo Milk or Dark Chocolate bar into shards and place in a medium size bowl. Microwave the heavy cream for about 45-60 seconds, then pour over top of the chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds and then mix until chocolate ganache is smooth and silky. If you still notice chunks of chocolate you can microwave it for 15 seconds and mix again.
STEP 5: remove the cake from the oven and allow it to complete cool before removing from the pan. Top it with the chocolate icing and enjoy!
Here are two recipe tips to making the best low carb chocolate coffee cake ever:
Use high-quality ingredients: Using high-quality ingredients such as Good Dee's Mix Chocolate Snack Cake, Coco Polo Chocolates, and Keto Chow chocolate flavor can make a big difference in the flavor and texture of your cake. Don't skimp on the ingredients!
Don't overbake the cake: Overbaking can result in a dry and crumbly cake. Keep a close eye on your cake and check it often with a toothpick. When it comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached, the cake is ready. Remember, it will continue to cook a bit as it cools.
Here are a few variations of this low carb chocolate coffee cake:
- Chocolate Raspberry: Add fresh or frozen raspberries to the batter for a fruity twist. You can also swirl some Good Good Raspberry Jam into the batter before baking for an extra burst of flavor.
- Salted Caramel: Drizzle low carb caramel sauce on top of the cake before serving and sprinkle with Flaked Sea Salt from Van Island Salt Co.
- Peanut Butter: Swirl some Fasto Peanut Butter into the batter before baking for a deliciously nutty twist. You can also top the cake with peanut butter frosting or a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
- Coconut: Add shredded coconut to the batter for a tropical twist. You can also top the cake with a coconut cream frosting and toasted coconut flakes for extra texture and flavor.
Double the ingredients and make it into a double layer chocolate cake.
To store leftovers of this low carb chocolate coffee cake, place it in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the cake for longer storage by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. Thaw the cake before serving by leaving it at room temperature for a few hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I leave out the coffee or espresso powder in the recipe?
Yes, you can omit the coffee or espresso powder if you prefer, but it may result in a less intense chocolate flavor.
Is this cake gluten-free?
Yes, Good Dee's Mix Chocolate Snack Cake is gluten-free, and the recipe is also low carb and keto-friendly.
Can I make the cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. You can add the chocolate icing before ready to serve.